BAKERS CHOICE WOOD COOK STOVE
If you just have to have a wood cook stove and need it at an affordable price you should consider this stove. The Baker’s Choice now has a warming closet and side reservoir!
Here’s what it has to offer:
- Size – The Bakers’ Choice is small enough to fit into your kitchen, yet large enough to do the job of heating, baking and cooking, all in one unit. Smooth Top – the top has a one piece smooth top made of polished steel, with two 11″ lids or eyes for adding wood into the firebox.
- Air Tight – The Bakers’ Choice will easily hold a fire overnight. You can wake up in the morning to a warm house.
- Fingertip Control – In the Bakers’ Choice your fire leaps to instant attention with only a simple twist of the twin air intake knobs. Yet a twirl of the knobs in the opposite direction, and the fire is instantly put to sleep.
- Front loading door – The Bakers’ Choice comes with a front loading fuel door, 8″ x 10″, making it easier to fit in that extra long or crooked piece of wood, even if you are using the top cooking surface to capacity. There is no need to move the pots and pans to add wood.
- Grates – The Bakers’ Choice comes with grates. Two steel pans with a reinforcing bar in the center, filled with refractory brick material. These grates seem to outlast the cast iron. Both grates can be rocked with a shaker handle that fits into either of the grate bars to remove the ashes that accumulate in the firebox.
- Burns wood OR coal – The Bakers’ Choice is designed to burn either wood or coal, giving you the choice of fuel that is most readily available and affordable in your situation.
- Large firebox – The Bakers’ Choice has a large enough firebox to hold even large pieces of wood. Its 18 1/2″ length, 11 1/2″ width and 14″ depth holds enough wood that you can wake up to a cozy house in the coldest time of year.
- Firebrick lines the firebox – The firebox of the Bakers’ Choice is completely lined with refractory bricks to protect the steel walls from overheating and to insulate the burn chamber for a higher combustion. All bricks are easily replaceable. These bricks are not standard but are custom made for the stove. Replacements can be ordered.
- Large oven – The Bakers’ Choice has an oven that will hold six loaves of bread at a time. Easily controlled temperature.
- Safety Tested *- The Bakers’ Choice has been tested and approved by Warnock Hersey for both U.S. and Canada, being both UL and ULC approved for both wood and coal.
- High back and shelf – The Bakers’ Choice has a porcelain enameled high back and shelf, to store the items that you like to keep handy for cooking and baking.
- Painted Exterior – The Bakers’ Choice has a high heat flat black paint covering the body of the stove for a very durable coating.
- Doubles as a space heater – The oven door of the Bakers’ Choice swings outward, so if left open, it is easily converted into a ready made heat exchanger unbelievably efficient. It will heat approximately 2,000 square feet.
- Welded construction – The Bakers’ Choice is completely welded together for a lifetime of trouble-free performance.
- Warming closet – The Bakers’ Choice comes with an optional warming closet. Handy to keep your food warm until mealtime or dry your mitts on a snowy day.
- Water reservoir – The Bakers’ Choice comes with an optional hot water reservoir that mounts on the top and back of your stove for an extra hot water supply. The reservoir holds 7 gallons.
- Standard Features – On top of all the previously mentioned features it also has the standard accessories of ash pan, lid, liner, porcelain knobs, oven thermometer, internal flue damper, grate shaker, poker, optional hot water coil.
- Affordable price – And last, but not least, the Bakers’ Choice comes with an affordable price. This is the least expensive cook stove made. The old saying. “you get what you pay for” simply does not hold true for the Bakers’ Choice. You get a quite a bit for your money!
|Dimensions||36″ L x 24″ W x 53-1/2″ H|
|Cooking surface||34″ L x 21-1/2″ W x 32-1/2″ H|
|Oven dimensions||22″ L x 14″ W x 14″ H|
|Firebox dimensions||18-1/2″ L x 11-1/2″ W x 14″ H|
|Exhaust flue size||7″|
|Side reservoir capacity||7 gallons|
|Approx. heating capacity||2000 sq. ft.|
|Approx. shipping weight||425 lbs.|
E.P.A. Phase II Certified
Cook stoves are exempt.
|Clearances To Combustibles|
|Left Side||27 inches|
|Right Side||27 inches|
|Stove with shelf||$ 1785|
|Stove, shelf, rear reservoir 9 gal||$ 1946|
|Stove, shelf, side reservoir 7 gal||$ 2030|
|Warming closet (w/glass doors)||$ 265|
|Single water coil – stainless||$ 70|
|Super water coil – stainless||$ 185|
|Cover for reservoir||$ 35|
|Summer grate||$ 130|
|Flue adapter (oval to round)||Included|
West Virginia residents please add 6% sales tax.
Please contact us by telephone for shipping information and pricing. We need your zip code information before we can decide the most inexpensive way to get your new stove to you. Please note: our location does not affect your shipping costs. Due to increased shipping costs, all products are dropped shipped directly to you from the manufacturer.
Your new stove will be custom made! We will be glad to work with you over the phone as you put your order together! Please contact us for manufacturing and shipping times, which can vary within the different times of year. We will gladly accept personal checks.
Note: Unlike most stoves, even though they are tested to UL standards, they need floor protection 3/4″ thick that extends to the front and sides an additional 18″.